These stunts provide your character with an upgraded piece of property to serve as headquarters, laboratory, etc.Headquarters
- One of your character’s properties – one location that functions as a Library, Lab, or Workshop (see page XX)—qualifies as a full-blown private headquarters, such as a mansion or a secret cave. The quality of this facility is automatically increased by two (such that it is equal to your Resources skill or Resources+1 in the case of a specialized function).
- In addition, the headquarters may include one of the following extra elements:
- Expert Staff. Your headquarters has a small staff of competent individuals: two with Average (+1) skill at something (choose the skill when defining the staff member), and a head or lauded functionary with a peak skill of Fair (+2). These are, within the bounds of your headquarters, companions whom you may call on to assist you. They are bound to the location, and can’t ever leave it without losing their companion qualities (they effectively drop to Mediocre (+0) outside of their home environs). With another stunt, you may convert one of these staff members into a Trusted Employee (see page XX).
- Secondary Facility. Your base facility normally serves one primary function – Library, Lab, or Workshop. This extra allows you to define a second function that operates at a quality level equal to your Resources minus 3.
- Extensive Security. Security measures make your headquarters difficult to compromise. All difficulties for bypassing your headquarters’ security are increased by one.
- Utmost Secrecy. The location of your headquarters is tantamount to a state secret. Few know of it, and even those located nearby may be unaware. The difficulty of any Investigation or Contacting roll to find the location of your lair is equal to your Resources.
- Communications Center. Your headquarters is the nerve center of a number of vital channels of communication. Any communications routed to, from, or through your base take one time increment less to get to where they’re going, due to the efficiencies offered.
- Requires Headquarters.
- The character’s headquarters has three elements (rather than one).
- Requires Lair.
- The character’s lair is very much a wonder of the world. Not only does it have all of the possible elements listed above, but one of them may be traded out for something unique and distinctive, such as:
- A world class lab (adding another 2 to the quality of one of the facilities and speeding the rate of research by one increment).
- An exotic location (just outside Atlantis, on the moon, etc .), including a means of dedicated transport for reaching it.
- A larger and highly competent staff (the facility head is of Good quality, and there are two Fair and three Average staff members).
- It’s even possible that this distinctive element is something weird, like having your headquarters be mobile (movement is slow; the rate of movement will never compete with a full-on vehicle or plane, and finding places to park is an absolute pain).